Rock to Recovery helps to soothe the restless souls of those in recovery. We do this by creating a “band” and writing and recording songs together with Rock to Recovery’s staff of professional musicians, who are also in recovery. This caring team brings fun into treatment and recovery by offering a natural escape from the fear-based mind. This helps people grow a sense of belonging and self esteem. They help to vent emotions by writing lyrics and singing together for release, in real-time.
A positive theme of hope in recovery is incorporated throughout the whole process. When the session is done, the client “band” members feel a new energy throughout their minds and spirits. Music is a powerful tool, proven to help soothe the soul. For someone in recovery, learning to have clean and sober fun, feeling a part of, connecting to a group, and quieting the mind are keys to a successful new life. It’s time to feel good in all that we do. Rock to Recovery gives recovering addicts a chance to have fun expressing themselves, working as a group, and experiencing the natural high only music can produce.
- Transform emotional state from restless, irritable discontent to happy, joyous and free
- Eradicate cravings
- Learn sobriety/recovery can be FUN
- Communication/language skills
- Social skills
- Get out of the ‘comfort-zone’
- Executive functioning/cognitive skills
- Connect to peers/work as a group
- Channel & release emotions/express feelings
- Unique entry into self awareness
- Raise self-esteem
- Discover hidden talents
- Participating as a group/social skills
- Playing music & singing is a spiritual experience
- Increase levels of Oxytocin
- Enhance memory function
- Manage stress
Rock to Recovery was founded by Wesley Geer who has been a professional musician for over 20 years. He first found success as the founding member of Jive Records. He also headlined shows, and played to crowds of 80,000 people, and appeared on a number of recordings and cable and TV shows. His music has been featured in many feature films, video games, radio, and television shows. Wes also has long had a passion for teaching music. Previously a music teacher at The Fusion Academy’s Huntington Beach campus, Wes taught Recording Arts, Drums, and Guitar.