The 12 Step Recovery Program
TruVida Recovery Orange County
Battling addiction and substance abuse is more bearable using tried and tested methodologies that are established over the years. The 12-step model is a recovery program that has helped millions of people on their journey of recovery, by having participants follow a set of guidelines, and act as each other’s support network on the efforts of staying sober. Here, at TruVida Recovery, we offer programs that use the 12-step model as a core foundation. Because of the model’s years of existence, it is used in a lot of treatment centers similar to us.
General Steps to Recovery
General 12-step treatment programs follow these guidelines:
- Admission of powerlessness over the current problem as evidenced by the unmanageability in our lives.
- Believing in something greater than ourselves that can restore us to sanity.
- Surrendering our self will.
- Asking our Higher Power to cleanse us of our iniquities, and
- Becoming a better person while encouraging other addicts to follow the 12 Step program.
The Steps of the Program
The 12 Steps is the nation’s most recognized evidence-based addiction recovery group treatment. The process of attending and participating in meetings and working the steps with a sponsor have helped hundreds of thousands of people since it was established in 1935 by Alcoholics Anonymous.
The 12 Steps are as follows: We…
- Admitted we were powerless over our addiction, that our lives had become unmanageable.
- Came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
- Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understand Him.
- Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
- Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
- Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
- Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
- Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
- Made direct amends to such people whenever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
- Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
- Sought, through prayer and meditation, to improve our conscious contact with God, as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us, and the power to carry that out.
- Having had a spiritual awakening as a result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to others, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
Our 12-step treatment programs are individualized based on our client’s needs and specifications. Clients will undergo preliminary evaluations with our experienced clinicians for us to be able to fully understand your situation before we start the program.
Our 12-step program principles are based on cognitive, emotional, behavioral, social and spiritual changes that will help you maintain abstinence from substance use.
Through the structure and routine offered through a 12-step program, clients will learn to attain and sustain sobriety. At TruVida Recovery, we discuss the continued consequences that arise from using opposed to the rewards in store for maintaining a solid foundation in recovery. Through the guidance of our clinicians and staff, we will help you instill hope where hope has been lost and gain a life of sobriety and happiness.
Twelve Step Facilitation is listed as an evidence based treatment by SAMHSA, based upon the research from the Project MATCH which displayed evidence for the method’s effectiveness. For further details about The 12 Step program, or our other treatment programs, inquiries, etc, please contact us at 949-388-3866. At TruVida Recovery – Orange County, we prioritize you as an individual and prioritize your needs. If you, or a loved one, is undergoing problems with substance abuse or addiction, please reach out to us. You don’t have to battle this on your own, we will walk beside you all the way through.
Contact Us Today
23726 Birtcher Dr
Lake Forest, CA 92630
Phone: (800) 218-1573