TruVida Recovery Orange County
Many people who are recovery from addictions, find that it is often essential for them to live among other sober individuals during the early stages of their recovery from alcoholism or drug addiction. Professional managed Sober Living homes provide a safe, clean, supportive environment for individuals in early sobriety who are not quite ready to live completely on their own. Sober Living house rules and guidelines provide a necessary sense of structure and community, along with a flexible amount of personal freedom. Below are examples of house rules that one may encounter at a well run and managed Sober Living residence that is committed to client health and integrity for lasting recovery;
- Zero Tolerance for drug or alcohol use. (No engaging in illegal substance manufacturing, possession and/or distribution will be tolerated.)
- Zero Tolerance for stealing. (Taking food from others without permission is considered stealing. We encourage community cooking, meal planning and sharing dinner time together. This is to assist in developing a family like structure.)
- Zero Tolerance for destruction of the Sober Living residence or other residents’ property.
- Zero Tolerance for sexual activity between residents.
- Zero Tolerance for physical confrontation or verbal confrontation with any staff or resident.
- Any resident who is on prescribed medications must immediately inform the house manager, all medication must be approved by the house manager. All medications must be taken as prescribed.
- Any visitor to the property will be asked to leave immediately if staff or residents suspect any use of illegal or illicit drugs, including alcohol. Residents who have been asked to leave due to their own breach of rules will not be permitted back on the property.
- All residents must attend 90 AA/NA meetings their first 90 days of residing at sober living home and then 3 meetings per week thereafter. Meeting verification sheets are due at the house meeting.
- Residents must obtain and maintain a sponsor while living at the sober living home.
- Residents must attend a mandatory House Meeting one time a week, every Sunday at 6:00 P.M.
- Residents must attend the mandatory weekly Relapse Prevention meeting on Thursdays at 7:30 PM unless at work or in class.
- Residents must be willing to submit to a drug/alcohol urine screen upon the request of the manager.
- We request that a resident commit to a 90 day stay.
- Residents’ rooms must be clean at all times. (Residents’ beds are to be made when the residents are not in the bed.)
- Curfew is 11:00 PM Sunday through Thursday and 1:00 AM Friday and Saturday for the first 30 days with no exceptions.
- Residents must sleep at the house each night unless prior arrangements have been made with staff.
- Overnight passes are given after 30 days living at the sober living home.
- There is absolutely no loitering in the front of the property.
- Residents will participate in ongoing mandatory house chores.
At TruVida Recovery, we will continue to help you in your journey through our aftercare programs. Call or Text us now at 949-388-3866 for more information.