TruVida Recovery is a top-rated facility for drug addiction in Orange County with highly effective treatments and therapies. Our experienced and compassionate staff follow customized treatment plans for each patient in recovery.
What are the signs of someone on drugs?
If your loved one suddenly showcases suspicious behavior, it could be due to substance use. Here are some of the signs of substance abuse:
- Difficulties at school, poor performance at work, issues with colleagues and friends, lack of interest in school, and poor grades
- Being late to social events, parties, and family dinners
- Sudden changes in physical appearance, lacking interest in grooming and wearing inappropriate or shabby clothes
- Staying in isolation most of the times
- Problems in relationships
- Lack of energy in performing everyday activities
- An increase in loans, borrowing more money for unaccounted expenditures, and inability to pay bills on time
Besides, individuals also undergo rapid weight loss with drug abuse and often have bloodshot eyes. In case of noticing these symptoms in your loved one, it is important to get them into a treatment center for drug addiction to prevent fatal consequences
Benefits of individual therapy in addiction treatment
We use a combination of counseling, individual and group therapy, support groups, and medical detox to help individuals combat drug addiction in Orange County. In individual therapy, our staff work one-on-one with each of our recovering addicts to understand and address their co-occurring mental disorders. Some of the benefits of individual therapy include:
- It helps address the unique medical needs and recovery goals of each patient in rehab
- It allows recovering addicts to open up and confide their insecurities, challenges, and other issues with a therapist without any inhibitions
- It is more effective in preventing relapse after rehab treatment
Furthermore, with individual therapy, our therapists train patients on various exercises and coping mechanisms to deal with stressful situations and triggers in the real world. This paves the way for long-lasting sobriety and towards leading a healthy and fulfilling life.
Role of cognitive-behavioral therapy in addiction treatment
Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) is a type of counseling that helps address disturbing thoughts and emotions in individuals suffering from drug abuse. It allows recovering addicts to establish connections between their feelings and actions and increases their awareness. It enables recovering addicts to rationally analyze their feelings and emotions when exposed to triggering situations and allows them to handle the situation logically.
During CBT sessions, our therapists help patients eliminate their false beliefs, poor self-image, and other insecurities and enable them to overcome stressful situations and triggers in a calm and composed manner. CBT sessions allow us to train recovering addicts on various self-help tools and communication skills to help them lead a drug-free life.
Individuals who suffer from anxiety, attention deficit disorder (ADD), bipolar disorder, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) show considerable improvement with CBT.
Get in touch with one of us at TruVida Recovery to help a loved one overcome addiction. We use evidence-based therapies to treat drug addiction in Orange County and help recovering addicts attain sobriety in a loving, safe, and trigger-free environment.Drug Addiction Orange County
View Larger Map