What to Bring to TruVida Recovery
Basic Items Needed When Admitting to our Facilities:
- Enough comfortable wash and wear clothing for 5-7 days. We provide washers/dryers, detergent, iron, and ironing board.
- One or two (dressy) items for Family Night.
- Exercise clothing, including one-piece bathing suit for women (no exceptions), exercise shoes, extra towel for pool/gym small hand towel for the gym. (Earphones ONLY to plug into gym equipment)
- Comfortable shoes. You may want to include sandal types for summer or warm slippers for winter.
- Appropriate sleepwear.
- Sweaters/Jackets for Fall-Spring or light jacket/sweatshirt for summer.
- Summer wear: walking shorts, T-shirts, hat, sunscreen SPF 15 or higher. (Clothing must cover mid-section/stomach completely and have an appropriate neckline for female residents)
- Toiletries: toothbrush, toothpaste, hair products, deodorant, hair dryer, LIQUID body wash, lotion, shaving supplies. (NO PRODUCTS CONTAINING ALCOHOL WILL BE ALLOWED – Please note this for mouthwash)
- Prescribed medications if applicable (and a credit card or cash for co-pays/prescriptions).
- Driver’s license and insurance card AND prescription card if different from medical insurance card.
- If you smoke, please bring enough cigarettes for 30 days. TruVida does not purchase cigarettes for any residents. We do not allow any type of chewing tobacco, hand rolled cigarettes, flavored cigarettes, or cloves. Cigars, Nicorette gum or nicotine patches are acceptable.
- Dark sunglasses are allowed outdoors only.
- Small travel alarm clock is suggested but not necessary.
- NOTE: It is advisable to pack a small bag with essentials for your immediate 24-hour needs as your baggage may not be available until staff can check it.
- Bring any hobby items (knitting, sketchbooks, etc.)
- A list of names, addresses and phone numbers of those you wish to have involved in your treatment (loved ones, healthcare professionals, 12 step sponsors, etc.).
- A notebook or journal.
- Stamps and envelopes if you wish to mail letters.
- Pictures of your loved ones to keep in your room or wallet
We Do Not Allow:
- No outside food or drinks, including water, candy, or chewing gum. We maintain a moderate sugar and fully caffeine free environment.
- No cell phones, pagers, computers, tablets, PDA’s, music equipment, TV’s, DVD players, radios, clock radios, iPods/MP3 players will be allowed in our Inpatient Treatment Program. These items may be allowed on a case by case basis outside of the Inpatient Treatment Setting. Televisions and Wi-Fi access are provided in all of our residential homes.
- E-mail, Internet, or computer access is limited to case manager approval. This is usually based on compliance and attendance to all program activities.
- No exercise equipment.
- No products containing alcohol.
- No expensive jewelry or excessive cash.
- No tanning oils, other self-tanning products, hair dye, or bleaching products.